Thirteen Calls for Small Projects were launched since the beginning of the MedPAN Small Projects scheme in 2011. There are currently fourteen ongoing small projects of which nine will end in 2020, four in 2021 and one in 2022.
MedPAN does not plan to launch any new calls for small projects in 2020-2021.
2020 has been a busy year for Small Projects!
Five projects were completed this year so far, and fourteen projects are currently being implemented in different Mediterranean MPAs. Here is a list of all the projects that are ongoing:
- Coastal habitat mapping in support of conservation activities for the loggerhead Caretta caretta, Greece
- Mapping and assessing the condition of important littoral bioconstructions (vermetids, calcareous algae and corals) of the MPA Cape Greco, Cyprus
- SOS Corales, Spain
Sustainable management of marine turtles
- AMELIE: InnovAtive Monitoring at marinE and coastaL habItats: fostEring management and conservation of sea turtles at Cephalonia Island, Ionian Sea
- Conservation of sea turtles and their habitats in the island of Farwa
- Coordinated monitoring and management of sea turtle nesting activity in the western Mediterranean through MPA
MPA co-management approaches
- Co-management of the Kneiss Islands for a sustainable MPA
- Extending the Collaborations over the Mediterranean Sea by promoting the excellent model of Gökova MPA into Karaburun-Sazani MPA and Al Hoceima National Park for Sustainable Fisheries Development
- Development of guidelines for implementation of blue carbon in the MPA Telašćica Management Plan
- MaReFish: Characterisation of marine recreational fisheries around Cabo de Palos – Islas Hormigas marine reserve –
- MPAs and endangered sharks in the Mediterranean: a pilot project in the Pelagie Islands MPA
- Tremiti Plastic free Islands
- PAMGEST: Passive Acoustic Monitoring for the Protection and Management of Marine Wildlife: Application to the Sciaena umbra corb