The MPA NETWORKS project has come to an end. At its closing, we would like to present to you the concrete results it has achieved as well as the testimonies of the beneficiaries regarding this experience.
But before, here is a brief reminder of the important objective of this project.
Objectif MPA NETWORKS
When they are effectively managed, Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) are one of the most effective tools for the conservation of marine biodiversity. But to perform, Mediterranean MPAs need more human capacity, skills and financial resources. Over the years, MPA practitioners have come to realise that working together would help address some of the challenges they face and MPA managers networks such as MedPAN have emerged and developed.
The MPA NETWORKS project intends to boost these dynamics with the strengthening of MPA managers’ networks at all levels in the Mediterranean. The expected result? MPAs are empowered to serve their purpose and deliver the results that will benefit nature and sustain our livelihoods.
MPA NETWORKS Final Events
- First NP Capitalization Meeting for the MPANETWORKS and MPA Project
- Final Report_ Technical Capitalization Workshop
- Presentation of Final Technical Event 1
- Final Technical Event Presentation 2
- Final Technical Event Presentation 3
- Final Technical Event Presentation 4
- Final Report_ Policy Capitalization Event
- Presentation of the Final policy event 1
- Presentation of Final Policy Event 2
- Press Release _Conclusions of The Policy event
MPA NETWORKS Pilot Actions Factsheets
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Karaburun Sazan MPA
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Balearic MPA
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Brijuni National Park
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Port-Cros National Park
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Portofino MPA
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Strunjan Landscape Park MPA
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Torre del Cerrano MPA
- Factsheet of the pilot action conducted in Torre Guaceto MPA
Reports and Guidelines from the project
- Towards an Adriatic-Ionian network of MPA managers
- Evaluation report of the methodologies implemented concerning general Management effectiveness, Fisheries, Mobile species and Financing topics
- Natural capital accounting pilot study in a protected marine area in the Balearic islands
- Guidelines and Best practices for MPA Manager Networks