Map of Small Projects
All the projects implemented since 2011 are presented on the interactive map of MedPAN Small Projects. You can click on any marker of the map to learn more about a project. A link to the factsheet, when available, is included under the project description. New factsheets will be added progressively.
Small Projects Factsheets
Factsheets were developed under a new informative and concise format to highlight the results of the MedPAN Small Projects.
A factsheet includes the following elements:
- the project’s « ID card » (Title, Country, MPA, Beneficiary, Partners, Thematic, Period of implementation, Duration, Total budget, MedPAN financing);
- a briefcontext on the site’s conservation status;
- the objectives and main activities of the project;
- the key outputs of the projects (main results and transferable tools);
- technical recommendations from the project beneficiary (lessons learned, best practices);
- future actions planned for the MPA.
So far, six factsheets have been finalised:
- Development of a business plan for Sallum Marine Protected Area (Egypt);
- Evaluating management priorities and developing a business plan for the Palm Islands Nature Reserve (Lebanon).
- Creating Bridges of Collaborations over the Adratic Sea, while Adapting the Successful Experiences from Torre Guaceto MPA in Karaburun-Sazan MPA for Sustainable Fisheries Development (Albania);
- Enhancing participation from stakeholders in the Kakoskali Marine Protected Area (Cyprus);
- Empowering legal fisheries in future Montenegrin MPAs (Montenegro);
- Sustainable management of marine turtles in Palm Islands Nature Reserve and its surroundings through elimination of threats and promotion of community benefits (Lebanon).
These Small Projects were funded by UNEP/MAP (through the MedMPA network project financed by the European Union), the Mava Foundation and the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.