On-going Call for Small project
On 12 October 2017, MedPAN has launched 2 Calls for Small Projects to support the actions led in Marine Protected Areas (MPA) in the Mediterranean. The Calls for Small Projects aim to reinforce MPA management.
Call #1: Special Call for Small Projects
- Eligibility : Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia
- Themes: Long-term financing mechanism and Strengthening the communication of MPAs
- Deadline : 19 November 2017 at midnight
- Download the specific rules and the specific Grant Application Form
Call #2: Regular Call for Small Projects
- Eligibility : all Mediterranean countries
- Themes: all
- Deadline : 7 January 2018 at midnight
- Download the regular rules and the regular Grant Application Form
Previous Calls for small projects
Supporting Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) is at the heart of MedPAN’s mission.
To this end, the network has set up a small projects scheme that aims to help MPAs provide a sustainable protection of biodiversity, while ensuring the sustainable economic development of human based activities.
These small projects provide direct support to MPA managers for the implementation of concrete actions, which will improve management effectiveness, test pilot schemes or put in place tools that can be useful to other MPAs.
30 projects funded since 2011
Five calls for small projects were launched and 30 projects were funded around 5 main topics:
- Sustainable fisheries management,
- Sustainable tourism management,
- Management tools,
- Knowledge building,
- Environmental education.
The scheme was widely mobilised for pilot and innovative actions that can be replicated in other MPAs.