MedPAN launches today a call for tender for a consultant that will be responsible for drafting a policy document in the framework if the DestiMED project.
Aimed at local and national decision-makers, this argued and brief document (around 5 pages) will highlight the results and recommendations of the Project. This document aims to demonstrate the interest of ecotourism and to highlight good practices in Protected Areas so as to serve as examples for the development of ecotourism at the scale of the territory.
- This Consultancy should focus on elaborating a Policy paper and should target local and National decision-makers.
- To validate the experience you should include a list of publications and studies related to this topic, with clear references and links if possible.
- Experience on Ecotourism in the Mediterranean addressing policy issues will be highly valuated as well as in other regions of the world.
- Offers coming from individual experts, single/freelance consultant, company/organization and/or Consortiums are welcome
- The Methodology of the consultancy to develop the policy document should be proposed by the consultant.
- The DestiMED methodology (for the planning, design and management of ecotourism products for Mediterranean Protected Areas), quoted in the Terms of Reference, is currently developed within a paralel consultancy ; results will be shared with the consultant in charge of the policy document.
- General Information related to the Destimed project and the MEET methodology can be found in the chapter “Useful references” within the Terms of Reference.
- Technical documents, information and contacts will be shared, once consultancy selection will have been made by MedPAN
Attention the deadline for applications has been set to 11 March at midnight