This year, and beyond the celebration of its 10th anniversary, the MedPAN network will be once again very active. To note in particular:
- The finalisation and adoption of the new MedPAN 2018-2022 strategy;
- the publication of the full status of Mediterranean MPAs in collaboration with SPA/RAC and many partners;
- the continuation of the 3 projects in which MedPAN is a partner in the INTERREG MED Programme: FishMPABlue2, DESTIMED, ACT4LITTER;
- the start of a new regional project supported by MedPAN, WWF Mediterranean, the Conservatoire du littoral and the PIM association, concerning “integrated and sustainable management of coastal, island and marine territories and MPAs in the Mediterranean”
- the annual MedPAN workshop on the management of sustainable small-scale fisheries in MPAs to be organised as part of the FishMPABlue2 project at the end of November,
- continuation of the prefiguration of a regular training mechanism for MPAs;
- MedPAN’s annual regional training that will focus on fisheries management in MPAs;
- the launch of a new call for small projects,
- the animation of a working group on artisanal fisheries and MPAs and a working group on marine turtles in MPAs,
- the next Conference of the Parties of the Convention on Biological Diversity to be held in Egypt at the end of the year.
For an overview of the activities of the network in previous years please take a look at the 2017 Activity Report (which will be laid out in the coming months) and the 2016 Activity Report.