The Task Force Beyond Plastic Med (BEMED) launched its second call for micro-initiatives to challenge the issue of plastic pollution in the Mediterranean. HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco made the official annoucement on 6 October during the “Our Ocean” conference in Malta.
Through this call, BEMED (the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, Tara Expeditions, Surfrider Foundation Europe, IUCN and the MAVA Foundation) wants to encourage local and innovative initiatives to find concrete solutions to tackle the plastic pollution issue in the Mediterranean basin.
Key information about the AMI :
- Eligible stakeholders : NGOs, territorial authorities, private companies with fewer than 20 employees, scientific institutions.
- Eligible countries : Every country in the Mediterranean region with a priority to the following countries : Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Montenegro, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, Turkey, Cyprus, Croatia, Malta and Greece.
- Total amount for each project : 30 000 euros maximum.
- BEMED’ s contribution for each project : 10 000 euros maximum.
- Closing of the call for micro-initiatives : 5th January 2018 – 6 PM (Paris time, GMT+2)
To submit an application : Download the documents